Monday, September 6, 2010

Limousine Something

I think that we were all a little mystified when Mr. Gore decided to build his 20 room mansion (not including the 8 bathrooms) right next to the Pacific Ocean (you know, what with his fervent belief that global warming would inevitably cause the sea levels to rise and all). What we were even less prepared for, though, was our discovery that the entire structure (pool, pool house, and guest house, included) was being heated by natural gas (consuming more of this type of energy than the average American household would utilize in an entire year). Not exactly the most green approach, in other words (yes, it's better than heating with coal or oil but it's absolutely still a fossil fuel). I mean, I know that the guy shouldn't necessarily be held to the same standards as an ordinary citizen (the size of his "operation", etc.) and all but, still, don't you think that maybe he could have come up with something at least a little better than this?............................................................................................P.S. Compare Mr. Gore's mansion to this building. This one, folks, is only 4,000 square feet and is heated entirely with geothermal heat pumps. No fossil fuels whatsoever are used. Overall, the house consumes only 25% of the electricity of a conventional system. Rainwater and waste-water are continuously collected and purified. Pretty damn impressive, huh? Any idea whose house this is? It's George W. Bush's house. Go figure, huh?...........................................................................................Now, does this in any way make George W. Bush a better human being than Mr. Gore? Obviously, it does not (I mean, come on, W got us involved in Iraq, for Christ). But what it does show us is that 1) the people who we glorify aren't always the Gods that we make them out to be and 2) the people who we vilify, neither are they necessarily as bad.

9 comments:

Rusty Shackleford said...

Al has been laying low since him and Tip called it quits,along with that massage girl dust up.

Most of us knew Gore was full of shit from jump.A lot of you guys fell for his line of crap.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Russ, I've always considered myself kind of a global-warming agnostic. I mean, yeah, I believe that there probably has been some sort of temperature change. I'm just not so sure how much of it is man-made. Of course, having said that, I do think that it's important to 1) pollute a lot less and 2) get the hell off of foreign oil. So, yeah, I guess that in that regard, I can in fact work with the Gore's of the world - to a certain degree, I'm saying.

Rusty Shackleford said...

Will,Gore built that house with money he got running around like chicken little saying the sky is falling and the Kool Aid drinkers bought it hook,line and sinker.

Rusty Shackleford said...

Hey Will,notice Clif has been invisable? I think its because he knows the dems are going to get crushed in eight weeks.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I'm going to honest, Russ. I'm not entirely sure that that anonymous fellow is Cliff. I'm thinking that it might be that other veteran (1138, I think his handle was).

Rusty Shackleford said...

You may be right...it seems they are all laying low.I think they feel the oncoming storm.

Dervish Z Sanders said...

A 2007 report from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says, "it is 90 percent certain that human-generated greenhouse gases account for most of the global rise in temperatures [and that] even in the best-case scenario, temperatures are on track to cross a threshold to an unsustainable level. [Consequences] such as massive species extinctions [are probable]".

Not that it matters, as we will NOT do anything... thanks in part to "agnostics" like Will and deniers like Rusty -- we're screwed.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

What you say may be correct, wd. I just point out that 97% of green-house gasses are NOT man-made. But even saying that, I agree that, yes, we have to do a lot more to clean up the environment. In fact, that's one of the main reasons that I don't eat meat. According to the U.N., the Pew Commission, and, yes, a lot of other research centers, the meat industry produces more man-made green-house gasses than all forms of transport combined. PLUS, all of that pig and cow shit gets into the ground-water and the oceans. I don't know, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are more environmental issues than just global warming. That, and we really need to be smart as to how we approach these issue (namely, we shouldn't do things that ruin the economy and that also have a marginal effect in terms of solving the problem).

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

And what about Al Gore? Don't you think that he, MORE THAN ANYBODY, needs to walk the walk here?