Saturday, November 4, 2023

On Whether I Would Hire One of Those Scumbags Who Took to the Streets Cheering On the Slaughter of Israelis On October 7th (a Debate Question that's Currently Burning Up Twitter)

Well, being that I'm a free speech absolutist and detest the cancelling of people, coming out with an emphatic, no, would probably color me seem hypocritical. So, after a great deal of thinking I've come up with this. It depends on the resume. If the Hamas-loving applicant has a better resume than the non-Hamas-loving applicants, I'll take a chance on him or her but if it's even I'll probably go with the non-Hamas-hating crowd. And if I do hire the Hamas-lover, the instructions provided will be clear; "DO NOT CAUSE DISRUPTIONS, 'cause if you do you will be terminated stat. And, no, this is not to say that you can't voice an opinion if the subject comes up during lunch (for example). Just don't be an asshole or incendiary. Have I made myself clear?"......Sound fair? Hope so, 'cause I can't do any better.

No comments: