Thursday, March 18, 2010

Miscellaneous 8

1) I hate to say that I told you so, BUT I kinda' did. Remember when I said that President Obama would, if he ended up thinking it beneficial to him, totally forget about his feud with Fox and mosey on over there. Well, clearly he did, didn't he (allowing himself to be interviewed on "Special Report" by Bret Baier)? Why? Who the hell knows why. Maybe he thought that it would help him out in the health-care debate or something. I mean, he certainly didn't do it to boost THEIR ratings. I mean, we can all agree on that, right?.....2) Speaking of Fox, I have to admit that they've actually made some good additions of late. On "Special Report", for instance, A. B. Stoddard is seemingly now a regular on the "panel". I mean, granted, she's usually sandwiched between Charles Krauthammer and Steven Hayes/Bill Kristol but, still, hers is a political analysis that is quite crisp/rarely partisan. And, yes, on the Chris Wallace Sunday program, who in the hell did they have on that panel but John Podesta. You can't get too much more liberal than that fellow. As to whether either of these two additions are, in and of themselves, sufficient, they obviously aren't. But they are in fact quite positive and, yeah, I thought that I'd point them out to you......3) While I don't necessarily agree with Cosmic Cowboy's feelings on Senator Kennedy (I do, for instance, think that his legislative abilities/capacity to work across the aisle were formidable), I do think that it's important to keep alive the memory of M.J. Kopechne. That young girl didn't get a chance to benefit from his or anybody's legislation. That, and, yeah, I'm pretty sure that SHE had a family, too......4) Bettijo, if you're out there, I've got three little words for you; you da best. That's it. That's all I gotta say.

3 comments:

cosmiccowboy said...

Here's a prediction.In five years Fox will be considered MSM.

I thought Brett's interview was great....at least he was'nt a Brian Williams like jock sniffer.

I realize Fox has a couple nuts like Hannity and Beck but MSNBC
has KO and the carpet muncher so it kind of equals out.

cosmiccowboy said...

Hey....KO and the Carpet Muncher....thats like K.C. and the Sunshine Band.I've got to trade mark that.Outstanding.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

It totally (at least in prime-time) equals out. Hannity and Olbermann are mirror images (or should I say distortions) of each other.