Friday, March 11, 2011

A Little Less From Moore, Please 2

Another example of Mr. Moore's hypocrisy is his rather close relationship with Keith Olbermann. On more than a few occasions, Moore appeared on Olbermann's MSNBC advocacy show, (the now defunct) "Countdown", decrying WITH IMPUNITY the fact that bailed-out corporations were doling out massive bonuses to their employees. What's wrong with that, you ask? Well, what's wrong with it is that one of those companies that received bail-out money was General Electric (GE), the mother company of MSNBC....And who, pray tell, did General Electric give a big fat pay raise to but Keith Olbermann. Never once, folks, did Mr. Moore ever bring up this little inconvenient truth....Yet another example, apparently, of do as I say, not as I (or the bulk of my good, good, buddies) do.

10 comments:

John Myste said...

Keith O deserved every penny, sir! His nonsense was more intellectual than the nonsense of Hannity and O'Reilly. I lament his departure and welcome his return. I Current TV gets bailed out and Mr. O gets a hefty raise from that also.

Keep in mind, I just published an article criticizing Keith, but only by comparing him to more criticism-worthy fellows at FOX. It was harsh, very harsh.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

He, Mr. Olbermann, definitely knows more polysyllabic words than those slant-heads over at Fox. That point, JM, I cannot argue.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I had a bunch of GE stock once. Lost my ass. Olberman owes me.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

It could be worse, Truth. It could be Hannity (legendarily tight fisted, by most accounts) that owed you the money.

Commander Zaius said...

Will, Olbermann is now safely in exile over at Current, give the guy a break. That horse is dead and crumbling to dust.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Might I add that Lawrence O'Donnell is far more tolerable?

Commander Zaius said...

Give Lawrence time, these political shows allow egos to grow like raging fungi.

John Myste said...

I was thinking that exact same thing, Beach. Obviously, not the colorful analogy, but the spirit of it. It is funny, because I think the same thing may happen to bloggers.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

So true, gentlemen. In fact, that's one of the reasons why I enjoyed Larry King at times (contingent upon his guest, of course). I mean, sure, he could be a sap at times, but he never put himself above his guests or the subject matter. A REAL Contra O'Reilly, in other words.

Dervish Sanders said...

This is a total non-sequitur. What the hell do GE receiving GWB bailout money and KO's paycheck have to do with one another? And MM is a hypocrite for not bringing this up? How utterly ridiculous!