Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Change of More Than Just Addresses Maybe

The only real knock on former UConn and current Maryland football coach, Randy Edsall, is that he can't recruit very well - at least not when it comes to those blue-chip players. I mean, yes, he's shown that he can develop players/win with the talent that he does have, but its' always been strictly via hard work and over-achievement...................................................................................................Yeah, well, guess what, folks. Now that Mr. Edsall is running things at Maryland, it seems that he CAN recruit and recruit pretty well. I've already mentioned (on a previous post) that he was able to land game-changing athlete, Justus Pickett (the #10 all-purpose back in the nation and a top 20 player out of North Carolina for 2011). And now he's landing some premium verbal commits for 2012, too - two of which actually come from the state of Maryland (at UConn, he had a very hard time keeping local talent in state); Owing Mills' McDonogh's Roman Braglio (DE) and Olney's Our Lady of Good Counsel's Mike Madaras (OT) - studs, both of them.......................................................................................................Look, I'll admit it here, I was pretty skeptical about this hire at first. I didn't think that it made much sense for either Edsall (I felt that it was basically a lateral move) OR Maryland (what they seemingly needed was excitement, filling the stands, and better local recruiting). But if Edsall can take advantage of the talent that's already there (quarterback Danny O'Brien will be a redshirt sophomore this fall and a likely Heisman candidate) and continue to recruit big like this, it just might start to look like a genius move.......................................................................................................As for this upcoming season, look for that November meeting between Florida State and Maryland to decide things in the ACC Atlantic this fall.

4 comments:

Dervish Sanders said...

I have no idea who Randy Edsall, Roman Braglio, Mike Madaras or Danny O'Brien are. Or why one of them is "Mills' McDonogh's" or another another is "Olney's Our Lady of Good Counsel's", or a third is a "redshirt sophomore".

I don't know what any of that means. Looks like near complete gibberish to me. It all has to do with football, I guess.

Apparently you find two of them quite attractive though... I don't know why else a guy would describe another guy as being a "stud". Unless that's more football terminology I don't understand.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Stud is a sports term for really good player. But what if I did mean it as attractive? I mean, I'm not gay but it sounds like you might have a problem or something.

Dervish Sanders said...

No, I wouldn't have a problem if you were. That, actually, would make more sense to me. It would be a better reason for a guy to be interested in watching something that is otherwise extremely boring. To check out the guys with the very fit bodies.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

What's boring to one person isn't necessarily boring to another. You're well aware of that fact, right?