Monday, July 28, 2008

Where's a Flight-Suit When You Need One?

Mr. McCain, I keep hearing you say that this success of ours in Iraq is "fragile" (the reason, ostensibly, for us not being able to leave now). Why is that? I mean, you (you, along with the bevy of your spokespersons over at Fox) have been consistently saying that Al Qaeda (in Iraq) has been basically routed, that the Iraqi army has as well been showing incredible progress. Why, pray tell, with all of this good news (violence being down, etc.), would you possibly entertain the notion that our success over there is fragile?.....................................Hm, could it be as simple as you having a beat on a reality that many of us, frankly, have known all along - namely, that the presence of American troops over there has been a bandage on a festering wound, that the minute we get out of there, all of this so-called political progress (actually, there's been very little meaningful movement, politically, but for the sake of argument, I'm saying) is going to unravel (insurgents in the military leaving the military, al Sadr acting up, Sunni gangs going after the government, etc.)?.......................................Could it also be because you do in fact want us to stay for 100 years, build bases over there, have a clearer path to the worlds nearly largest reserve of oil, etc? I mean, I hate to think the worst like this, bro, but, I'm telling you, this war has changed people. It's made us more cynical. I don't know, it might be best to wrap things up over there. That's what I've been thinking.

1 comment:

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

P.S. Obviously, I don't believe any of this. I typed it into my computer solely to trick Mike and Clifffff into thinking that I'm a moderate. Pretty crafty, huh?