Friday, March 2, 2012

Top 10 Greatest Westerns (IMO and of the Ones that I've Seen)

10) "Duel in the Sun".............9) "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".............8) "The Wild Bunch".............7) "Once Upon a Time in the West" (Claudia Cardinale - reeoow!).............6) "The Big Country" (Jean Simmons - reeoow!).............5) "Red River" (1, if not for the cheesy ending).............4) "The Searchers".............3) "High Noon".............2) "Unforgiven" ("We all got it coming, kid", "Deserves got nothing to do with it" - great lines!).............1) "Shane" (the scenes with frigging Jack Palance alone)........................................................................................I know, I know, I left out "The Magnificent Seven", "Dances with Wolves", "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", "Little Big Man", "Stagecoach", "True Grit", etc., etc.. YOU TRY LIMITING IT TO 10!

4 comments:

Rusty Shackelford said...

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

High Plains Drifter, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Pale Rider, Hang 'Em High - almost too many to mention by Mr. Eastwood.

John Myste said...

Though it is not necessarily my favorite, I think Unforgiven is the best (of those I have seen). You mentioned two of my favorite lines. There is a third (from memory, so I am sure I will misquote it):

He’s Innocent? Innocent of what? ~ Little Bill

Deserves got nothing to do with it, is my favorite. I used it in a recent post about retribution.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

And after he said that, the Gene Hackman character says to Eastwood, "I'll see you in hell, Munny." and Eastwood pauses and simply says, "Yeah."