Saturday, April 23, 2011

Miscellaneous 68

1) Can somebody please explain to me why Syria is even being considered for a place on The U.N. Human Rights Council (they're apparently looking to replace the recently ousted co-piranha, Libya)? I mean, I'm fully cognizant of the fact that every nation has its flaws and all but, please/come on here! This situation is absolutely ridiculous. Hell, you might as well just place Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, and Pol Pot there in absentia, for Christ!............2) I'll bet that if you took a poll of all the living (and, yes, sentient) graduates of Penn and asked them, "So, do you think that President Obama was born in America?", I'll bet that the number would be over 99%. And, you know what esle here, people, I'll bet that Donald Trump would be a part of that 99%. The only difference with him would be the fact that you'd probably have to have him on sodium pentathol in order to get him to answer - truthfully, I'm saying.............3) The fact that Ann Miller always had to play second fiddle to Kathryn Grayson is something that will probably always bother me. I mean, don't get me wrong here. The latter was indeed a fine singer (though, yes, a little too shrill for me), pretty enough girl, etc.. No major knock on her at all. But, come on here. Ann Miller was probably the finest female tap dancer ever (sorry Eleanor Powell fans - but it's true!). She was also a fine comedic actress, a boffo singer in her own right, and dang beautiful. And next to Cyd Charisse, she probably had the best frigging body of the '50s (no offense to those who might in fact prefer a bustier frame)....Thank the Lord for fast-forward. That's the only thing that I gotta say.

2 comments:

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I conceded the uselessness on=f the UN long ago on a righty site called Average American or something like that.


Being a good natured, kind and gentle soul myself, I understand the mission of the UN,but in practice it's pretty much a place where third world dictators send shitheads to motherfuck America.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Not that the "West" itself has a sparkling history, mind you, but, yeah, you're right, some of these clowns have been totally off the charts.