Friday, November 21, 2008

Scriptural Rupture

If somebody ever asked me to come up with a Ten Commandments of politics, how 'bout this one for starters; Thou shalt not engage in idolatry? Yeah, huh? I mean, don't get me wrong here, folks. This Obama guy looks like he actually might have the goods to be an effective leader (I especially like what appears to be a pragmatic side). He's obviously got a good head on his soldiers and, yes, I'm hoping against hope that he's learned from the mistakes of previous presidents (from McKinley all the way to Bush Jr.). But, seriously, don't you think that some of this adulation has often been a tad over the top? I've already documented instances where I think he's acted out of pure political expediency. And now he's actually thinking about putting Hillary Clinton in charge of the State Department. I don't know, to me, that sounds a lot more like the politics of "same" than it does the politics of "change" (nothing against Hillary, per se - she just needs to be in charge)...................................................And, I'm telling you, if you don't think that there's idol worship out there for Obama, just try criticizing him, putting forth an objection or two to one of his flock, etc.. I mean, you want to talk about people "losing it"? And I'm not even talking about harsh criticism, either. Hell, folks, some of the Obamaites I'd actually go as far as comparing to George W. Bush (how's that for some irony, huh?); "you're either with us or against us", etc.. Talk about scary, huh - a bunch of grown-up people putting their minds on hold like this?...................................................Speaking of which, perhaps these folks have already put forth their own Ten Commandments of politics; Thou shalt not be critical of Barack Obama - numero uno, obviously!!

No comments: