Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh Hell, Just Give Me a Bush Beer

For me, folks, the election basically came down to "Bush-Lite" versus "Uber-Bush" - with me ultimately deciding on the former. Yeah, that's right, I cast my vote for Senator Obama...............................................Not that I'm feeling ALL that great about it, mind you. I basically picked him over a guy who couldn't differentiate between the rival sects in Iraq, yucked it up about the possibility of bombing its neighbor, Iran, and who actually thinks that some sort of traditional victory is still a possibility in Iraq (oh, and, yeah, he thought that the fundamentals of the economy were sound/Sarah Palin was the best available V.P. choice). I mean, it was better than Obama's first victory back in '04 (over the idiot, Alan Keyes) but, still, nothing really special (actually, he did run a pretty good campaign)........................................................Why was my support for Obama not more enthusiastic, you ask? Let's see. Well, first of all, the guy's foreign policy kind of scares me. He has on many occasions talked of leaving a large residual force in Iraq (up to 80,000 troops, according to the New York Sun) - a position that I find rather shaky. I mean, think about it. What if all hell starts breaking loose? Those troops are going to be extremely vulnerable.....................................................And then there's his assertion that, if in fact the above contingency happens, he will be unhesitent to "go back in". Yeah, that's right. He has said that he would be willing to re-invade Iraq. Youza, huh? I mean, yeah, I can understand the moral argument for it and all (we broke it, it's ours, etc.) but, still...................................................... Perhaps, though, the scariest thing that Obama has put for is his willingness to send either troops or missiles into Pakistan. Now, don't get me wrong here. I want to get bin Laden and Al Qaeda as much as anybody. But going in to a sovereign nation without their permission, and especially when the new president of that country has threatened retaliation, I don't know, folks, that sounds more than a little wreckless to me.......................................................I do have other reservations about Obama but I think that that's enough for now. Later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You voted for Obama? Are you sure? Maybe it was a dream.

thereturnofRusty said...

Looks like Klink has thought up another handle.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Actually, I think this might be a colleague of mine from work, tweaking me. I recognize the initials.

thereturnofRusty said...

Yes Klink,you've hit that nail right on the head....I truly am fearful of you.


Well I would be if I was one of your neighbors there in Bumf#*k Kentucky.I feel sorry for them having to close the drapes and turn off the lights when they see you coming down the street.Their worst nightmare has to be getting caught in a conversation with Klink.......the most boring man on the block.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

You see, now that is funny, Clif. I'm sorry, but it is.

Anonymous said...

"Perhaps, though, the scariest thing that Obama has put for is his willingness to send either troops or missiles into Pakistan."

He did? When? Get us the quote dumb fuck. cite your source

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

He's said it repeatedly, Clif. He says that, if we know where Al Qaeda is, and the Pakistanis don't act, we will. He said it first in one of the Democratic debates and he's repeated it many times (once in one of the presidential debates). Look it up. P.S. Hey, it just might work. All I'm saying is that Pakistan, being the type of country that it is (unstable, filled to the brim with radicals, and chalk full of nuclear weapons), might not be the place we want to have an American military footprint in. That's all.