Saturday, April 18, 2015

Roosevelt on Stalin/Russia

"A deep love of peace is the common heritage of the people of both our countries, and I fully agree with you that the cooperation of our great nations will inevitably be of the highest importance in the preservation of world peace."............"You know, there may be something in that (Russia doing the 'Holy Will') . It would explain their almost mystical devotion to this idea which they have developed of the Communist society. They all seem really to want to do what is good for society instead of wanting to do for themselves."............"I think if I give him everything I possibly can, and ask nothing from him in return, noblesse oblige, he won't try to annex anything and will work with me for a world of peace and democracy."............"I think there is nothing more important than that Stalin feel that we mean to support him without qualification and at great sacrifice."............"Of one thing I am certain, Stalin is not an imperialist."............"I'm not sure that a fair plebiscite, if there was such a thing, wouldn't show that these eastern provinces (Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia) would prefer to go back to Russia."............"I think that something entered into his nature of the way in which a Christian gentleman should behave."............A lot of people have called Bush junior naive, and Obama as well. But more naive than this fellow? Really?

No comments: