Friday, July 1, 2011

Miscellaneous 88

1) It's obvious that Bill O'Reilly doesn't like San Francisco; the fact that it's a "sanctuary city", the medical-marijuana capitol of America, is supposedly this anti U.S. military mecca of sorts, etc., etc.. I get it, folks. I get it! But I ask you - did he really have to send his flunky/producer there to dig up every frigging miscreant that he could find? I mean, come on, there's got to be at least a couple of people in that city who bathe and who aren't totally stoned 24/7. Yes, folks, methinks that there might have been some editing involved.............2) I'll admit it here. The list of sane Republicans at this stage is pretty small (with most of them being out of power; Alan Simpson, Joe Scarborough, David Frum, Chuck Hagel, Peggy Noonan, etc.). Well, guess what. We can finally add a new name to it. Bruce Bartlett, a former adviser to Reagan and the first George Bush, has apparently added his name to the cadre of folks who doesn't think that tax-cuts pay for themselves/always stimulate economic growth. And get this. He also thinks that revenue (especially in the form of tax expenditures) absolutely has to be a part of the upcoming budget compromise (relative to the debt-ceiling)....It's encouraging, no? Of course, it also makes me wonder aloud. HOW, pray tell, did it ever come to be that sane individuals like Mr. Bartlett became piranhas? If in fact you're asking me here, this isn't just bad thing for the Republicans. It's a bad thing for the country as a whole.............3) There's this new reality show on now called "Toddlers and Tiaras". It's about kids and beauty contests (just in case you couldn't figure it out from the title). And, I'm telling you, folks, it's disturbing. I saw this one clip in which a young girl was having her eye-brows plucked (and, yes, she was sobbing)....I mean, isn't that child abuse? It sure as hell looked like child abuse.............4) I just saw a clip in which Michele Bachmann's husband refers to gay people as "barbarians". And just when I thought that the independents couldn't get any MORE alienated....Youza, huh?

13 comments:

dmarks said...

"HOW, pray tell, did it ever come to be that sane individuals like Mr. Bartlett became piranhas?"

Ermmm..... not sure if you meant to say he was like a vicious fish? Did you mean to say "pariah" instead?

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I ALWAYS mix those 2 up. LOL

Commander Zaius said...

Met a bunch of great people in San Fran, the thought I was cool after they stopped snickering over the fact I'm from South Carolina.

The CDM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The CDM said...

OOPS, my bad, I'll start again:

Please God, let Bachmann get the nomination...

dmarks said...

Beach Bum: This is very much off topic, but I'm sure that Will won't mind.

I was talking to someone last night with a son in South Carolina. She said her sun sees a lot of money (coins) in Columbia over-stamped with Confederate logos. Is this really common?

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I see what you're saying, CDM. She'd be an easier person for Mr. Obama to beat. But I would prefer that it not even get that close. With a 9% unemployment rate and high levels of discontentment, even a nut-job like Bachmann might end up having a puncher's chance.

dmarks said...

I know I'd definitely choose Ron Paul over Obama. But Bachmann? I'm not sure. I will have to see if she is serious about the jobs problem... something Obama ignored for two years (bigger priorities included forcing families to divert money to health insurance plans they may or may not need... crazy).

Dervish Sanders said...

I posted this in the "Miscellaneous 87" comment thread...

have you heard Michele Bachmann's husband's bigoted anti-gay rant? He thinks gays are "barbarians". Michele Bachmann's campaign is toast (not that she had much of a chance to begin with). Americans are sick of the intolerance and hatred.

In response to the other miscellaneous comments: I've never been to SF; Bruce Bartlett is saner but he does not admit we went down the wrong path with the policies of Reagan (he's been saying this for awhile, btw); I haven't seen the beauty contest for kids program, nor is it something I'd watch.

dmarks: She said her son sees a lot of money (coins) in Columbia over-stamped with Confederate logos. Is this really common?

Yet you deny anyone on the Right has a problem with our president being black. How is this not proof that you're wrong?

Also, I don't know how the authorities would catch them, but anyone doing this should be arrested.

dmarks said...

"Yet you deny anyone on the Right has a problem with our president being black. How is this not proof that you're wrong?"

A major correction for you. I detest those on the Right who bash our President for his skin color. And there are way too many of them, especially among 'neo-confederates'.

It's not proof that I was wrong, since I never denied that there were those on the Right who had a problem with our president being black. Nor did I ever imply such a denial. If I had, I would have been wrong. You won't ever find a quote from me denying their presence. In fact, I confront these racists whenever I run across them. You have me confused with someone else.

Good link to the arrest article.

dmarks said...

By the way, here is a link to a horrific racist bashing Obama for his skin color. I detest it whether it comes from the Left or Right.

Every bit as detestable as this photo from a "Teabagger".

Both Cornell West and the teabagger are deplorable racists for holding up Obama to compare to their own limited stereotypes of "black"-ness, no matter how different they are.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Cornell West is a real peach, dmarks. He's constantly berating white people for leaving the cities and heading to the suburbs and, yet, that's exactly what he did. More progressive hypocrisy at work.

dmarks said...

"He's constantly berating white people..."

That's just another example of his racism. Anyone who berates a group of people due to their skin color, or directs comments only at a group of people with a certain skin color.