Sunday, November 1, 2009

Disagree to Agree

Islamic fascists and haters of Islam have one very disturbing thing in common. They both like to quote the Qur'an out of context and, yes, use these quotes to further/justify bigotry............................................................................................For example, this common verse is frequently cited by both sides. It states that those of the Muslim faith should "slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."..........................................................................................Of course, what they fail to include (and, yes, my friends, that part alone does in fact sound very bad) is what precedes it; "Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers, EXCEPT (my emphasis) for those idolaters who have honored their treaties with you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous." Nor in fact do they include what follows; "If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey to him safety."........................................................................................The bottom-line, folks, is that, yes, violent passages do exist in the Qur'an (some of which may be questionable). But, I ask you, are they any worse than what we could find in our own Christian bible? And do we really need the extremists (on both sides) to decipher them for us? I would personally say no to both of these questions...........................................................................................P.S. As for Muhammad himself, can we legitimately say that he was as peaceful a prophet as, say, Jesus or Buddha? My guess would be probably not. But, neither, folks, was he anywhere near the war-monger that those on the far-right consistently claim. That is simply THEM "going off".

8 comments:

IrOnY RaGeD said...

Sorry Will, I'm gonna have to call bs on this one...

www.prophetofdoom.net

IrOnY RaGeD said...

Oh, I was gonna tell you, I'm off Lydia's board for good now too.

I'm still getting talked about though, seems everyone they dislike is now one of my aliases.

And Lydia's still making false accusations.

IrOnY RaGeD said...

What she's talking about regarding me "pulling the trigger" was a post I wrote listing all her lies and deceptions. I wrote it the last time they pissed me off but I never published it. I was considering it when she maligned FF. I asked him if I should "pull the trigger" on it. (publish it)

It's still there and I may publish it yet if I keep getting accused of things I haven't done.

Oso said...

Will,
Good post.I read the Quran,partly for learning but partly to see if what so many anti-Muslims say was true. There's a lot of respect for Christians and Jews,people of the earlier revelations. Certainly no more violent than the Bible.The same reverence for Jesus as Christians have.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

That's OK, Volt, you can disagree with me. I'm, not like Cliffy and Bart. I guess my only point is that Islam itself is a noble religion. It's the terrorists who have hijacked and bastardized it.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Gee, what a surprise, Volt, they quoted you out of context. I figured it was something like that, in that it certainly didn't sound like you............................Hi Oso. Yeah, I agree. If you look real deep onto any religious scripture, you'll find a lot of bad stuff. Islam certainly shouldn't be singled out.

Oso said...

Will,
also let's not forget Al Groh is almost certainly Christian.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

LOL They're trying to get rid of him, though.