Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Love Has No Pride, Baby

I don't know, folks, I guess I would consider myself a fairly proud individual. Not in the sense that I consider myself special or anything. Clearly, I know that that just isn't the case. No, I'm talking more in terms of not being one of those guys who constantly feels the need to kiss people's asses - that type of being a proud fellow...........................................................................But, I'm also telling you, if the great Barbara Stanwyck (circa 1935-1945) had ever asked me to bend over and pick up a pile of dog-shit (bare-handedly, mind you), I'd have flat-out done it, folks. I would have even gone so far as to do it with a smile on my face. Seriously. Hell/youza, I probably would have done it in a manner that would have made the Fred MacMurray character in Double Indemnity look WAY triumphant, look like a he-man, look like a guy who didn't need a spinal transplant, etc..............................................................................Pride, in other words - it just might have taken a lengthy vacation with THAT femme fatal around. Reooowww!!

No comments: