Monday, May 12, 2008

Trojan Leopard

If it makes anybody feel any better, most of the conservatives I know aren't buying McCain's conversion one iota. They're convinced that once/if the Senator is elected, he'll immediately revert to form, cutting deals left and right (mostly left) with the Democrats in Congress ( the war, unfortunately, undoubtedly, being the exception). They site, specifically, how, between 2000 and 2002, McCain was in fact a de facto Democrat himself. It was only, they say, when he concluded that he'd have a chance to run (for President) again that this whole ridiculous calculus started taking place.....................................Bottom-line, folks, the right doesn't appear to trust or like McCain any more than the left does. As for what exactly McCain WOULD do, if elected, wow, that's a tough one. This, I'm saying, in that, yes, predicting this Senator has always been a risky venture indeed - which is probably another reason for not voting for him, huh?

4 comments:

Utah Savage said...

Great title, great post.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Thank you!! Just trying to be fair, good buddy. Trying to be what Bill O'Reilly claims to be but isn't (usually), in other words.

Utah Savage said...

Even though I'm not always fair and balanced, and I have always labeled myself a lefty, I have blog rolled you. Yes, I know Sartre and all that, but still, I'm a lefty.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I'm honored. As for being or not being a lefty, believe me, nobody is as far to the left as I've been on this war. I've even been quoted as saying that Saddam was a net plus. P.S. I'll bet if Eisenhower was alive, he'd be against the war, too. Hell, his grand-daughter supports Obama.