Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lost Opportunity

I don't know, maybe it was because she was tired. That, or didn't want to seem impolitic. OR, maybe she's just not as smart as we've been giving her credit for. But, damn it, I thought Hillary had more than a few opportunities to bitch-slap O'Reilly last week (yes, the dreaded interview, I'm talking about). Take, for instance, when O'Reilly gave that idiotic assessment of his, praising the Bush administration for significantly damaging Al Qaeda (this, I'm saying, despite voluminous evidence to the contrary). She just frigging sat there! Or, when O'Reilly staked his claim to the "fact" that "torture works" by quoting George Tenent. George Tenent, of all people! I mean, seriously, I felt like yelling at her/the television, "Slam-dunk, slam-dunk, bring up the God-damned slam-dunk comment!" Nothing. And, finally, when O'Reilly told her that a precipitous withdrawal from Iraq would cause an increased Iranian influence in that country, she really fumbled. Me, I just would have said, "Duh, of course there's going to be Iranian influence. They're frigging Shia-dominated neighboring countries, for Christ! It's like, what, you want us to stay there indefinitely to keep the two populations apart?" Not, of course, that us staying there COULD prevent that anyway. This, I'm saying, in that, shit, Ahmaddinejad is already a hell of a lot more welcome there than Senator McCain is. I mean, just look at the reception the two men get when they visit there, for Christ! Damned if that doesn't signify "damage done" to me. unfortunately.

No comments: