Thursday, May 10, 2007

Straw Dog Babbage

I think what Jane Fonda was saying, Bill (not that the chick who played Barbarella necessarily needs me to speak for her, mind you), is that if in fact we had listened to the French (yes, the French) back in the early '60's......and stayed OUT of Vietnam then perhaps the carnage after the war wouldn't have been so pronounced. This, I'm saying, in that perhaps it was the escalation of the war, our involvement in it, the bombings of innocents in Hanoi, etc. that caused the level of post-war reprisals to reach such an epic level. I mean, obviously, I don't know for sure if that's what she actually meant. I'm just saying it's a possibility, that's all, and that Jane Fonda (who, let's face it, was EXTREMELY hot in Barbarella) isn't necessarily as whacked-out as you and the rest of the right-wingers consistently make her out to be.

No comments: