Tuesday, October 14, 2014

On Kentucky Democratic Senatorial Candidate, Alison Lundergan Grimes, Refusing to Admit that She Cast a Vote For Obama

This was a totally self-inflicted wound, folks. All that the woman really had to say was, "Yes, I voted for Obama. I didn't feel all that great about it but the candidate that the Republicans put up was a total dweeb and so I ended up picking the lesser of the two evils." Boom, done. I mean, seriously, wouldn't that have been a better way to approach the thing than all of this spinning, doubling down, sounding ridiculous, etc.? I'm thinking so.

4 comments:

Rusty Shackelford said...



A month or two ago she had a chance to unseat Mitch but her and her campaign people sure have fizzled.

And Wendy Davis the dems darling in the Texas governors race has run one of the worst campaigns this year.

Interesting that the Tea Party hasn't had much influence in candidate selection in this cycle.

BB-Idaho said...

She argues the 'sanctity of the voting booth', sort of pleading the fifth for voting privacy.
My guess is that she was well aware that Romney carried Kentucky
60.5% to 37.8%. Sort of smacks like the well worn "So, are you still beating your wife?" Best to say nothing at all!

Les Carpenter said...

Interesting perhaps but not at all surprising. Tea has either grown stale or too bitter.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Russ, I like Grimes but I don't like Davis - though it certainly looks now that they're both going to lose.......I agree, BB, but the thing is is that she was all too willing to say that she voted for Hillary and now she's arguing the whole sanctity BS. She just looks dumb and it's kinda sad 'cause I was rooting for her.......I'm a big assam, gunpowder, silver needle, and darjeeling fan, Les, and, so, yeah, the political variations just aren't going to cut it for me.