Friday, October 3, 2014

Notes on "Integrity" (From Underground)

1) Just because Lisa (who I'm not endorsing or taking sides with here) doesn't sensor her blog doesn't mean that she agrees with every damn thing that's written on it (I mean, my God, she lets me post there and I pretty much hate the whole damn universe lately). AND when people objected to the comments in question, she took 'em down. Sorry but I'm probably going to have to vote, several notches down from total vilification, here.............2) Over at Les's site, I brought up the higher out-of-wedlock birth-rate in the black community and posited that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this was one of the major causes of poverty in that community. I was immediately targeted as a racist and not a single person came to my defense. I was also called a "shill" by one of the more vitriolic mouth-breathers over there and that's even more ridiculous in that anybody who even knows me a little bit knows that I strongly oppose ALL aspects of corporate welfare; subsidies, tax breaks, mandates (the ethanol mandate being one of the more egregious ones), bailouts, etc....Again, no defense.............3) And I am sorry, people, but hard-core and mindless partisanship in which you fail to hold accountable people on your team (in this case, the left's unwillingness to criticize Obama on NSA abuses, rendition, a sextupling of the drone attacks, the fact that the fellow has a "kill-list", the fellow's war on whistle-blowers and medical marijuana, his legislating via fiat, his attack on a sovereign nation without U.N. approval, etc.) is about as far from "integrity" as you can get. Sorry, Ms. Shaw.............4) And I think that we all got the "point" here (hell, even Rusty who seemingly despises Shaw has conceded that the comments were vile). Some idiot made an idiotic statement AND IT WAS WRONG.... There, now can we all get back to rescuing Western civilization?

9 comments:

dmarks said...

Got a link to that out of wedlock births item?

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, black illegitimacy was 19% in 1940 (this, while the poverty rate was 87%). By 2008, it had risen to 72.5% (this, despite the fact that the poverty rate had fallen to 27%).......I'll try and get you the link for it.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams060805.asp - Walter Williams, very reliable. And I've actually seen other sources which had the black illegitimacy rate as low as 15% in 1940. So much for that whole slavery explanation.

Les Carpenter said...

Kill list? I have a kill list. Right at the top of the kill list is a bottle of 18 year old Talisker.

Getting back to the impossible task of rescuing western civilization will be. much less painful following the kill.

Beyond that, .................:.......................................

Constitutional Insurgent said...

RN, I'm a Macallan man...but your list starts similar to mine.

dmarks said...

Will: I meant the one at "Rational Nation".

dmarks said...

Anyway, this might have been from a couple of weeks ago when I was on the West Coast and missed a lot of things. It is indeed way out of line to accuse you of racism for referring to matters raised famously by Patrick Moynihan.... who was a great admirer of the civil rights movement.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

The civil rights movement was a rare example of good government legislation.......And, no, I'm not including here the affirmative action component which has demonstrably hurt black people.

dmarks said...

Not sure why I ignored that past exchange, Will. But usually if I am involved I will defend someone from accusations of racism if they are completely unfounded (just as I will light into racists).