Sunday, January 24, 2010

Miscellaneous 3

1) I grew up watching tennis in the early to mid 70s. And, yes, me-buckos, the women who participated in the sport back then were clearly, shall we profess, something LESS than stellar. I mean, sure, things did get a little better when Chrissie Evert and Evonne Goolagong (Cawley) came along (Tracy Austin with her hag-like beauty and braces) but, still, it was pretty slim pickins' overall. Compare that to now, me-buckos. NOW, when it seems like 75-80% of the women out there competing are hot/where I don't even like to frigging watch men's tennis anymore. Talk about a mojor change, huh? The only thing that I can say is, "Thank the Lord for Russia and Eastern Europe." That's the only thing that I can even think of, kiddos......2) Note to Chris Matthews. Ask your question and shut up. Don't modify it a million times before the person can even open his mouth. I mean, sure, if you want to ask a bunch of follow-up question, fine. I actually kind of like that (that, along with your willingness to strongly interrogate everybody - NOT JUST THE REPUBLICANS). But, dude, PLEASE, let the person answer......3) Today was a banner day for University of North Carolina football recruiting. Earlier in the day, multi-purpose athlete, Reggie Wilkins decommitted from N.C. State and pledged to with the Heels. And just an hour or so ago, defensive end, Kareem Martin, a player that well over a dozen schools had been lusting after, also committed to UNC. Very impressive, huh? Now, if they could only nail down tight end, Ethan Farmer (I believe he's narrowed it down to UNC and Clemson), a class that looked like it might finish near the bottom of the ACC recruiting rankings just might finish near the top......4) Note to P. Diddy. If you're going to go on the boob-tube and pitch vodka, could you at least take a minute and learn how to pronounce it. It's vod'-ka, not vo'-ka. And, yes, while you're at it, too, stop trying to come across as a sophisticate, for Christ! You're not a sophistcate. You're a rapper.....and not a very good one at that, either. DUH!!

8 comments:

Oso said...

One word.OK two. Maria Sharapova.

Oso said...

Will-hypothetical situation-you find out Maria Sharapova just hooked up with Al Groh.do you:
A behead Groh
B shoot him
C both
??

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I'd have Al Qaeda do A.....very, VERY, slowly. Seriously, though, the guy actually landed on his feet. He's the new DC at Georgia Tech. And, you know what else, I think he'll do a pretty good job. He's just not a head coach, that's all. Lane Kiffin, now THAT'S the guy I'm really hoping who fails. YUCK!

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Anastasia Myskina was my favorite. Very hot, very talented but injury prone and VERY unstable. Her career appears to be over.

Oso said...

from what I've read USC had a great recruiting class.
a wildebeest could coach them to 8-3.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

They have a small class (so far); 14 verbal commits. But they're all frigging blue-chips. So, yeah, you're probably correct in your assessment.....Unfortunately.

Teeluck said...

Get out of my head...we think alike bro, love the sport now

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I swear, Teeluck, I can't even watch the men play anymore. Certainly not with all those Russian chicks out there, begging just to get on the court.