Saturday, April 25, 2009

Star Trek

As people know, I generally refrain from taking extremist positions. I much prefer nuance and try to see both sides/have a tendency to lambaste those whose positions are highly partisan. But every once in a while, folks - every once in a while.............................................................Take last night, for instance. While watching the classic 1939 film, "The Women", I basically blew a gasket and, yes, folks, to this moment, I'm still pretty p.o.'d about it. In my opinion, IN MY VERY STRONG OPINION, the person who concocted and/or executed that hair-style for Norma Shearer (turning that beautiful woman silly looking) SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT!!! Well, O.K., maybe not shot....but certainly pistol-whipped, etc.............................................................I mean, I couldn't believe it, folks. She looked like something from another planet. It's like, sure, the eyes still sparkled and wept when they needed to but, damn, what a distraction that hair was. And, no, it wasn't so much the era, either. Joan Fontaine and Joan Crawford were also in it, and their hair was fine. Damn! Oh well, I guess there's no accounting for taste, huh, me-buckos - theirs or mine?

No comments: