Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not On My Watch, You Don't

An interesting evening on cable-news tonight, folks. This, I'm saying, in that right in the middle of their eight o'clock broadcasts, CNN and Fox cut in and showed live coverage of President Obama's economic speech....and MSNBC DIDN'T ("Countdown" was NOT preempted)!!! Wow, huh? I mean, I couldn't believe it, the station that basically served as Obama's headquarters snubbed him, refused to give him a forum to plead his case, etc.. Oh well, I guess that that just goes to show that as much as Kid Olbermann worships Obama, as much as he likes to listen to him speak, bottom-line, he'd rather hear himself speak instead. Talk about a man-sized helping of an ego, huh?

5 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

Absolutely, Will. That's a disturbing revelation: sounds Limbaugh-esqe or Bill-O to me.

I always watch CSPAN for news (like the inauguration) and Jon Stewart/Steve Colbert for fun. I still adore Rachel Maddow: I've been a fan of hers for quit a few years.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I like Campbell Brown and John King for real news. When I want to be entertained, however, I tune in to Hannity, Olbermann, etc..

Anonymous said...

Campbell Brown and John King

Both Republicans

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I don't know what their political affiliations are. They both come across as even-handed to me.

Anonymous said...

First time poster here at your blog --- please keep it up! I'm enjoying the reads.


men watches