Thursday, July 12, 2007

This, To Prove MY Independence

I have to admit, though, I'm not feeling all that pumped about Valerie Plame, either. I mean, we know who leaked her name, right - Richard Armitage, an opponent of the war. And even if he got the name from others in the administration, still, it was him, I'm saying, who first revealed her name to Robert Novak. Of course, the fact that Armitage was the leaker detracts from the nefariousness....and how can the Bush administration NOT be nefarious?, we wonder...............It's like, don't get me wrong, this administration has in fact butchered foreign policy. But, at the same time, I'm saying, don't we still have to be fair and recognize the difference between sinister actions and hard-ball politics. Joe Wilson pushed them and they pushed back. Wilson said that the V.P.'s office sent him to Niger. The administration said no, that's not true...and apparently they were right. It's unfortunate that the lady's name found it's way to the light of day and all....but, really, was she in fact "outed" at all? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. She sure wasn't as deep as she could have been, is all I'm saying................And then, of course, there's the law itself - the one that was allegedly broken. At least from what I've been able to gather, the framers of this legislation purposefully made it difficult to prove. This, in that they didn't want it to be used as a political football but, rather, as a true mechanism to deter/ stop actual treasonous activity.................So, yeah/ all in all, let's just say that this is not the Bush administration's largest screw-up/ misdeed, and be done with it. At least for now, I'm saying. At least for now.

No comments: