Thursday, March 5, 2015

On the Fact that Many Physycists (Jeffrey Grupp, Jim Elvidge, Leonard Susskind, George Smoot, Alan Cuth, Edeline D'Souza - Just a Few) Are Now Contemplating the Possibility that Life as We Know it Is Little More than a Computer Simulation from the Brain of Some Superior Entity

I find this fascinating in that, while, yes, it blows to smithereens that whole Biblical explanation for life on the planet, it also gives a surprisingly adequate boost to the theory of intelligent design; the fact that somebody/some superior being had to be the one to create the simulation (or virtual reality, if you prefer). And I ask you, what could be better than a theory that simultaneously bitch-slaps both the religious-right and the academic elitists of the world? Not a lot, from my perspective.

5 comments:

dmarks said...

So. some mega-dude is playing "The Sims" and we are just pixels on his screen. Trippy. dude...

BB-Idaho said...

Explains why sometimes I feel like
I'm in SimCity.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

That astronomer, Pitts (his first name escapes me), went on Olbermann once and said that the possibility is probably around 20% - which makes it even more trippy!

Les Carpenter said...

I'm intrigued by parallel universe theory.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I remember Donald Sutherland telling Tom Hulce in "Animal House" that our universe could simply be a bunch of atoms in the fingernail of some giant in a distant galaxy. I always kind of liked that one.