Saturday, August 29, 2009

More on Teddy

To me, folks, the most impressive thing about Senator Kennedy wasn't his far-ranging legislative accomplishments. It was more the fact that this particular Senator constantly went out of his way to help INDIVIDUALS. I mean, seriously here, if I even had (as little as) a dime for every story I've been hearing about people coming to Kennedy....for help and, yes, this same Senator actually providing that help, I'm telling you, straight-up, me-buckos, I'd probably be a wealthy man by now. Such was THIS man's generosity................................................................................Now, clearly, he wasn't a perfect man. Chappaquiddick, for one, was a very dark period - an incident, frankly, that we'll probably never know the real truth of. And, yes, me-buckos, the way that he made poor Jimmy Carter chase him around the stage at the 1980 Democratic convention. That, I'm afraid to say, was extremely selfish. Ii's like, come on. He barely even acknowledged Carter, for Christ (never mind, stopping to raise his hand in victory). But, yes, over-all, I'm saying, I think it's fair to say that his heart was generally in the right place. And, really, isn't that the most important thing of all?

No comments: