Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thank You Sir, May I Have Another?

Why do Republicans always feel that they have to apologize to Rush Limbaugh? I mean, seriously, is the king of AM radio THAT powerful? Apparently, huh?.......................................................And the fact that most of these grovelings aren't really necessary - not in my opinion, anyway. It's like, what did Michael Steele say that was so over-the-top? Rush Limbaugh IS an entertainer (an extremely talented one, at that). And, yes, he frequently IS incendiary and ugly with his format. It's not like he said that Limbaugh was an idiot or anything. But, still, there goes Steele, in less than a frigging hour, begging Rush for forgiveness................................................................Hey, maybe that Washington Post reporter (I forgot the guy's name) today was right. Maybe the Republican party needs a Sister Souljah moment - a person in the party, yes, to take on Mr. Limbaugh but this one to hold his/her ground. I personally think that that person would be lionized - and not just by a left-leaning media, either. I'm not going to hold my breath obviously.

7 comments:

frankfrey said...

Will,

I agree with you. I was really disappointed to see Michael Steele morphing into Rochester. We do need a "Sister Souljah" movement. The sad thing is I thought it was going to be John McCain but he fell short and into bed with the Religious Reich. Maybe it will the Governator. If it doesn't happen soon then 2010 is going to be a real shock to the Republican party as it will get even further marginalized.

frankfrey said...

Will,

Just another quick note. I read where you care for Alzheimer's patients. I lost my dad in 1996 to Alzheimers. He was a great guy who spent 25 years on the Kansas City Police Department. Before that, he played minor league baseball. He loved fishing and camping. He was my hero when I was a little boy and he still is.
Now you are as well. Thank you. God Bless and Keep you.

IrOnY RaGeD said...

Will,

(and Frank) Like him or not Rush IS the voice of the conservative wing.

The Republicans can't win without us, and in fact McCain would have been in Ron Paul territory if it hadn't been for all of us who voted for Sarah Palin. If the Republican party continues to play "Dem lite" the real thing will always win.

I don't understand why the Republican party doesn't get it.
Moderates and liberal Republicans LOSE. That's the biggest thing McCain had going against him. We all know he spent more time on the Dem side of the aisle than he did on our side.

I know not what the Republicans will eventually say, but as for Conservatives, Rush does speak for us, and if asked by the media I'd say "hell yes".

I think that's why we like Ann Coulter too. It's her non-PC, take no prisoners, in your face attitude. We need our party members to have a little more of that in congress.

If in 2010 or 2012 Republicans come out swinging with that kind of moxie watch us win big.

If they come out kissing ass and playing middle of the road, it'll be the death knell of the party.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Hi guys. I'm not sure what the magic formula is, Volt. George Bush Sr. (a moderate) won in 1988 aad if it wasn't for Perot prbably would have won in '92, too. George W. Bush ran as a compassionate conservative and underscored his ability to work with the Dems in the Texas state house. Reagan won, no doubt. But Goldwater was routed in '64 and Reagan was running against the weaker than weak Jimmy Carter. As for 2010, bro, the way that Obama and the Dems have been governing thus far, the Republicans may only need to show up to win. Pretty headdy stuff so far, huh? P.S. It's looking like you were right about Obama and I was wrong. Hopefully, he'll be like Clinton, though, and learn.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Thanks, Frank, for the strong words of encouragement. I'm basically the coordinator on the dementia unit now. It's challenging but extremely rewarding. And, besides, if I come home frustrated after a bad day, I can always take it out on Bartlebee. LOL

Anonymous said...

"the way that Obama and the Dems have been governing thus far, the Republicans may only need to show up to win."

You Sir make pronouncements way too early. It's a characteristic of extreme arrogance.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I said "thus far", Clif. And I didn't say that I was rooting for it.