Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Water Carriers Par Excellence

And yet, the steadiest rationale for Bush's actions, relative to the U.S. attorney firings, is that the President has in fact carte blanche to fire whoever. This, I'm saying, in that, according to these certain folks (Dick Morris, anyone?), the President has the power to fire people for anything; if he thinks their nostrils over-flare, if he doesn't appreciate the cut of their drawer, whatever! Of course, the offshoot of this reasoning is that so, too, is the President perfectly within his rights to fire U.S. attorneys for political grounds - even if he thinks they aren't partisan enough. A neat little justification of the firing, in other words. Incredible, huh?........................I mean, don't get me wrong here. That assessment probably does have a certain degree of merit to it - legally, I'm saying. But if in fact that is the case, shouldn't the President and/or his justice department at least have the power of their convictions and fess/ be straight with the American public? This, I'm saying, as opposed to them stone-walling, misleading congress, etc.. I don't know, it seems as if, regardless of the legality of their actions, they might as well be a tad embarrassed by them. I mean, don't ya' think? Yeah, I'm talking to you, Bill O'Reilly.

No comments: