Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Junior Senator from Illinois

Let me comment, briefly, folks, on this whole Obama "bitter (the small town folks are clinging to their religion, guns, fear of immigrants, etc.) comment. First of all, as a person who has written a spate of anti-Christian diatribes himself (no, I'm not saying that Obama is anti-Christian), I fully concur that a lot of people do cling to religion out of fear (of death, of anomie, etc.) and other baser instincts. Discombobulation over a shaky economy, hmm, that probably isn't one of them, though....or at least not the best example. But the thing is, folks, Obama, he wasn't speaking to me. I could care less what he said. His problem is with the people he's (off the record, evidently - will these people EVER learn?) supposedly trying to describe. They are not going to like those words AT ALL or the condescending way he said them OR (and, yes, perhaps especially) the fact that he said them in San Francisco. Not that the Obama worshippers (and let's face it here, folks, that's what they are) will ever acknowledge this AS a mistake, mind you. This, I'm saying, in that, in their minds, he just hasn't made any.

3 comments:

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Oprah's comment about him reminded me of "Thus Spake Zarathustra". Obama's supporters, they, on the other hand, Eric Hoffer's "The True Believer".

Anonymous said...

Obama is no messiah...he is my choice but I know what I am dealing with. McCain sold out big time...as you have so astutely pointed out in previous missives...and Hillary, well she went negative and is not seeing the big picture. It's like the Clinton's think this belongs to them...A grudging nod to her "experience" but am willing to look at something fresh. Obama in spite of his "elitism" seems to be sharp and a quick study...he will LEARN from mistakes he made. If only Gerge W had done the same, yes??? Zarathrusa understood will as means to self affirmation. Shrillary (Sorry Hannity)is just part of the herd.

Sorry I checked out this weekend dude. Had a mega back ache...almost totally incapacitated...See ya this weekend perhaps. MK

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

The last three Democrats elected President were southerners who at least talked a moderate game. And even JFK, he ran to the right of Nixon on foreign policy and taxes. Can a northern liberal (an untested one, at that) win the Presidency? Maybe this will be the year (Republican fatigue could be a MAJOR factor). We can only wait and see. P.S. I still like my idea; a Biden, Hagel, Lugar, Nunn unity adminisration. Yeah, I know, the real world, Will. THE REAL WORLD! Later, bro.