Monday, April 14, 2008

A Potty-Mouthed Centrist, Only in America

As for my own, sometimes bawdy, presentations, the fact that I as well have been known to throw some insults around, let's see, how best to explain (O.K., rationalize) this? I don't know, I guess that there's a part of me that does it for comic effect (the juxtaposing of serious discourse with what I hope is a unique slap-stick lingo of my own). Kind of like a "Three Stooges" meets Mort Sahl gig, in other words. As for the rest of me, let's just call it, purely and simply, venting. Should I do less of it? Yeah, probably...................................Of course, having said that, I don't think that it would be out of line for me to point out this fact as well. Namely, folks, while, yes, I do engage from time to time in language unbecoming, at least I try and refrain from pigeon-holing people into simplistic/hackneyed demarcations, politically. In fact, I've been a consistent critic of people whose tendency IS to do that; Bill O'Reilly, Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter, etc.. So, yeah, me-buckos, when I take these clowns (oops!!) from Lydia's site to task for doing essentially what O'Reilly does (granted, from a different political mindset), damn it, I think I do have a little bit of credibility here. I mean, they sure as hell labeled me, right?

No comments: