Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Two Blind Eyes, See How They Spin

And O'Reilly's such a hypocrite, too. This, I'm saying, in that the son-of-a-bitch rails, unmercifully, whenever a Republican (Giuliani, for instance) is the subject of an investigative report while, at the same time, he and Hannity continue to do hatchet jobs on John Edwards and Hillary Clinton, respectively. I mean, don't get me wrong. The Clintons no doubt probably are a venal pair of politicos but, really, to generalize so idiotically on the media like this....and as deceptively as this, that's about as self-serving as you can ever get................And, yes, what about all the mainstream heat that the Clintons have been on the receiving-end of (Anderson's book, Bernstein's book)? Michael Isakoff, for Christ's sake! I mean, that was him, wasn't it, who broke the whole Monica Lewinsky thing to begin with? Talk about a short-term memory, Mr. O'Reilly, I'm saying.................P.S. He, O'Reilly, probably didn't read, either, the fair-and-balanced (I can't be sued for using that now, right?) piece on Giuliani that Isakoff's rag, NEWSWEEK, wrote on the fellow, the glowing piece it did on Jim Baker, it's moving homage to Gerald Ford, etc.. Ha!, not that any of this would persuade him, of course, stooge-like propensities, obviously, being more to HIS liking. Bill O'Reilly, ladies and gentlemen!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Will. I finally read some of your writings. I haven't had cable TV in a while, and haven't watched it for an even longer while. (I'm talking at least since 9/11/2001, and it's probably been longer.) I think the country is being led into a dangerous game here, and from my distance away from it for awhile, I think it is being fired up by the media. Don't forget that every TV show is about earning money. The more excited they can get you, the more you will be hooked, the more money they will make. Maybe B. O'R. really thinks the things he does, or maybe he is a showman like everyone else. I am truly wondering if the whole "Liberal" vs. "Conservative" battle is really nothing more than TV-hyped-up excitement. Sort of like whenever some bad weather is coming and the TV would have you believe the world is coming to an end and you're going to die.
Also, I believe I am a friend of yours on some level, and I'm pretty sure I'm still a conservative Republican. The media would make us immediate and complete enemies, and we just aren't, and never would be.

I am not as sure about the war in Iraq as I was. I am not as sure of President Bush as I was. I only know what I know from reading the newspaper, (you'd be surprised how different the world seems when you get your news from the newspaper and not the TV or radio). On the rare occasions I have seen TV, at work for a few minutes at a time, it appears to me that the TV is stridently trying to sell the idea that the War in Iraq was a mistake, President Bush is an idiot, and that anybody who would believe otherwise is also an idiot, and quite possibly a mistake, too. Just an observation, and understand that I have seen very, very little TV.

Personally, I would highly recommend it as a lifestyle. Much more peaceful.

Your friend, Betsy