Monday, July 23, 2007

The Medicalization of Dissent, O'Reilly Style

The "Hate Bush Syndrome" -he's actually coined a term for it; a psychological condition, if you will. I mean, it's like, what, he thinks that any criticism to the left of his three-quarters to the right of center position is of a pathological nature? Get serious, I want to tell him. This President has committed perhaps the largest foreign policy blunder in United States history. Weapons of Mass Destruction? Everybody thought he had them? Bullshit!! Hans Blix, Scott Ritter, Muhammad El what's his name - you know, the guys who actually did the weapons inspecting - were extremely skeptical. And that whole mushroom cloud thing, too, I'm saying, I think there might have been a contrary voice or two there, as well..................As for actually "hating" Bush, though, I'm not exactly sure people (most people, anyway) hate him. They just don't like what he's done to the country. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that the fellow is a well-intentioned individual (as opposed to him being nefarious, I'm saying). But, yes, so, too, was L.B.J. getting us into Vietnam, McKinley with that whole Philippines fiasco. Well-intentioned, in other words, just doesn't cut it, I'm saying - this, as opposed to showing foresight and competency. You know, the stuff we pay our elected leaders for.

No comments: