Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lee Remick

What would be my answer to the question, "Who, in your opinion, is the most underrated female star (in terms of both looks and talent) of the late 50s and early 60s?"......The evidence? Hm. Try "A Face in the Crowd", "The Long Hot Summer", "Anatomy of a Murder", "Wild River", "Days of Wine and Roses", "Baby the Rain Must Fall".....And, yes, even moving on into the 70s; "The Omen", "Sometimes a Great Notion", "The Competition", "Tribute".....Add to that her tour de force work on Broadway ("Anyone Can Whistle", "Follies", "Wait Until Dark") and television ("Ike", "Damn Yankees") and, yes, folks, you just might have yourself a keeper here.....Green eyes, too, dudes.

3 comments:

Dervish Sanders said...

I watched most of "A Face in the Crowd" on TV awhile ago (missed the beginning). It caught my attention because Lonesome Rhodes is the character that Keith Olbermann compares Glenn Beck to. After watching I must say I very much agree with Mr. Olbermann's observation. Otherwise I haven't seen any of those movies. BTW, Lee Remick didn't have a huge role in that film... I can't say I remember what she looked like.

Commander Zaius said...

Lee was a hotty, sorry about sounding like a broken record but I saw her in a movie whose name escapes me right now but her eyes were enchanting.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

wd, she played the drum majorette who Lonesome eloped with. It was a small role (and she was only 21) but it led her to those subsequent starring roles......Double b, the internet says that she had blue eyes. I swear, though, in one of the TV movies that I saw her in, they were definitely green. Either way, she was flat-out gorgeous.