Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Can Here Dick Cheney Already

I'm telling you, if Iraq, over the next several years/decades, fails (and I'm still pretty much half expecting it to), it'll be President Obama who'll take the blame for it. And, no, folks, that isn't even going to be remotely fair...................................................................................................I mean, don't get me wrong here. I am totally in favor of holding Presidents accountable and all but, come on, this is Iraq, PEOPLE - a construct significantly more than it ever in fact was a country, a "country" that has, throughout its history, only really been held together by might, a "country"that has already largely been ethnically cleansed (4 million refugees, etc.), a "country" in which the Kurds have already created what is essentially their own nation, a "country" in which true political reconciliation remains as distant as frigging Jupiter, for Christ, a "country"in which the corruption is so bad that it makes Louisiana seem like Amish country, a "country" in which some fanatical douche-bag is inevitably going to preside over it. A "country" that.....Well, you get the idea........................................................................................................I guess what I'm trying to say here, folks, is that, clearly, that whole liberation of Iraq thingy - it still doesn't look like a good idea to me, and that, also, Mr. Obama, just like he couldn't plug the leak in the Gulf, he isn't going to be able to stop the devastation over there, either. Neocon protestations to the contrary, notwithstanding.

8 comments:

Rusty Shackleford said...

Hey Will,if Obie did'nt want the responsibility he could have stayed inthe Senate.At this point he sure seems like a better campaigner then an executive.

Gallop had him at 41% approval,it took Bush seven years to get that low.If he's under 40% come Nov. the dems are in really deep water.

Obama gave a speech (another one)today and did nothing but blame Bush....that shit really does get old and I think average Joe Blow is getting tired of that act.

I guess it just shows....there are those that talk....and there are those that do.Whats that old adage..."A students teach,C students do."

Commander Zaius said...

Iraq failing? How long ago was the election and they still can't form a government? Even worse the Sunni are saying the Shiites are going after them again with al Queada trickling back into the country.

Might not be a few years but a few months.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Russ, you've known me long enough to know that I am not an Obama cheerleader (I voted for him out of a process of elimination). And I actually agree with you that all of this blame Bush first stuff is starting to get stale.....But on these 2 wars we've got going on - these are the products of neocon thinking and mismanagement. I can't really hammer Obama too much on this front......Double b, you're right, I may have significantly understated the time frame here. It COULD be months.

Rusty Shackleford said...

Believe me Will,I'm not a fan of either war.I've never felt that we should be the worlds protector.That being said we cannot allow nuts like Iran to have nukes,we should support Isreal and exercise our power when necessary.

What pisses me off more then anything is the damn run away spending by both parties.

Commander Zaius said...

As far as spending on the wars I didn't believe I could be affected anymore but when I heard a report ANOTHER 9 billion or so had "disappeared" my stomach heavily turned.

IrOnY RaGeD said...

Get ready for WW3, they're trying to steal our next president!

Rusty Shackleford said...

I'd rather they steal the one we have now.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I don't really consider myself a pacifist, gents. I actually don't even mind cleaning clocks from time to time. It's just this whole nation-building stuff. That, I'm afraid to say is where the real moolah goes.....hey, you know what they say, double b, 9 million here, 9 million there. Pretty soon it adds up to some real money.