Monday, March 15, 2010

Yeah, I'm Talking to You, Leeds (Bartlebee, Bradley Hadley, Etc.)

Amongst the central tenets of neoconservatism are 1) preemptive wars, 2) nation-building, and 3) the spreading of Western style democracy via American power (hard AND soft). To say, folks, that I have been a consistent opponent of all these tenets is a huge understatement. This, and, yet, I continue to be accused by those on the lunatic fringe of actually/secretly harboring these very same sensibilities. I mean, seriously, how incredible is THAT?............................................................................................Of course, I am also on the record as saying that George W. Bush was at least partially responsible for 9/11, that his efforts (his decision to/his management of) in Iraq have, at the very least, been counterproductive, and that, yes, his inability/unwillingness to go after the lower hanging fruit in Afghanistan, etc. was itself a blunder. This, and, yes (part 2), I continue to be accused by these same douche-bags of being, not a critic of President Bush but actually a secret admirer of him. I mean, certainly, I've defended the poor bastard at times against Hitler comparisons and stuff like that (as have liberal commentators such as Joe Conason), but, please/come on, "one of the bottom five worst presidents in U.S. history" - that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, now is it?

2 comments:

cosmiccowboy said...

Hey Will,CNN just reported an autopsy shows Keith Olbermann's father died of embarrassment.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Oh my God, I almost laughed at that. Thanks a lot, double c. I mean, sure, I'm probably going to hell anyway (long story) but, DUDE!.....Seriouly, though, I wish the Olbermann family well. My issues with the Keithster are probably small potaotoes at a time like this.