Friday, March 5, 2010

" I Am (As in Used to Be) the Greatest!!

I have a lot of respect for Floyd Mayweather. I might even go as far as to call him the premiere boxer of recent memory (i.e., the last twenty years or so). But, folks, I'm afraid that I also have to tell you here, I don't think that this present version of Mr. Mayweather (still an excellent fighter, mind you) wants anything to do with a Mr. Manny Pacquiao. I mean, did you the former on "Pardon the Interruption" the other night? The fellow didn't even want to talk about Paquiao. He wouldn't even say Paquiao's name, for Christ! Not that I necessarily blame him, mind you. This, in that, seriously, have you seen Paquiao lately? That son of a bitch is a buzz-saw, for Christ!! And I'm telling you here, if in fact you don't believe me, just ask Miguel Cotto. He made that poor bastard look like a frigging statue...............................................................................................Still, though, it is kind of hard to watch - Mayweather so obviously ducking an opponent like this. It's pathetic/sad, in effect. I mean, seriously here, don't you think so?

4 comments:

Oso said...

It was great watching Manny kick de la hoya's ass too. East LA was celebrating, happy to see that punk finally gone. Too bad he wasn't man enough to go toe to toe at the end so Manny could knock his ass out.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Yeah, that was an absolute bludgeoning. And then there was Hatton after that. Did you see it? He threw that poor slob into a wood-chipper, for Christ.

Oso said...

Yeah that Hatton fight was something else too! I give Freddy Roach mucho credit, Pacquiao always had the talent and drive but once Roach came aboard he seemed to fine-tune Manny's strategy.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

In the words of Sir Howard, "INCH FOR INCH AND POUND FOR POUND!"