Saturday, December 12, 2009

His Own Private Idaho

Boise State quarterback, Kellen Moore, has had one of the greatest seasons in recent memory. Not only has he led the Broncos to a 13-0 record/a birth in the Fiesta Bowl, he's also put up a stat-line that can only be described as pinball calibre; 39 touchdown passes, 3 interceptions, and quarterback rating of 167.3 (yes, folks, THAT is unbelievable). Even his 254 completions for 3,325 yards, while they aren't as impressive as some of those quarterbacks operating out of the "spread", are as well pretty darn kick-ass. Granted, he plays in the WAC and, yes, because of that, the level of his competition is sometimes suspect. That, and he's also a sophomore. But, really, to say that this player isn't among the top five players in the country (as the Heismann voters apparently have) is ludicrous. Especially, ESPECIALLY, in a down year like this. Oh well, maybe next year (next year when he only throws 2 interceptions).

7 comments:

Oso said...

He's a tough kid too,around 6' and 180 lbs max I think.Soft spoken.

I'd read how BSU made 10 offers for home/home games with top programs last year,then lowered all the offers to home (travel to their home) games if they'd pay expenses. All said no.Nobody wants to play them.
I hope they whip TCU.

Commander Zaius said...

My ability to follow sports is greatly diminished so I Haven't followed this years Heismann stuff at all but I've never really believed the vote was "clean", that collegiate politics plays a part.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Hi guys. Oso, I actually like BOTH Boise AND TCU (BCS busters, both of them). I don't know who I should root for. You got it, double b - politics AND big business.

Kentucky Rain said...

Here is my only involvement in football: I love Friday Night Lights. I hate Sunday Night football. Sunday night football interferes with programs I care about. There are literally hundreds of channels [on DTV] that carry sports. Why must we be plagued with football on Sunday nite, when the best show are on? Woe is me! Woe is me! Then again, when it is all said and done and I go back to home base and I think to myself what a wonde..ALL GLORY TO THEY HYPNOTOAD! ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!! ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!!

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I only watch college pigskin, Mike. Ergo, my conscience is clear on this whole Sunday night thing. Your right, though, too much is sometimes way too much!

Rick said...

The second place team in the WAC (Nevada)got beat by Notre Dame 35-0. When Boise State plays and beats quality opponents instead of winning ten games against second rate football teams then they can expect to receive awards. I'm not saying that the QB from BSU is a bad quarterback but if you just go by numbers the QB from Houston should have been there also. It is dependent on not just what they do, but who they do it to and when.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Hi Rick. Yeah, I'll definitely concede the strength of schedule argument. ALTHOUGH, I think that the gap is closing (between BCS and non BCS conferences). Boise humiliated Oregon. Fresno State beat Illinois and nearly beat Wisconsin (both of those games on the road). Houston beat Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Mississippi State (the latter 2 on the road). TCU beat Clemson on the road. And BYU beat Oklahoma on a neutral site. Add to that the fact that nobody in the history of the WAC has even come close to Moore's numbers. As for the Nevada-Notre Dame game, that was the first game of the year. If they played again now (especially if they played at Nevada), I'm pretty sure that the result would be a much close game. Case Keenum? Absolutely. Put him into the conversation, too.