Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Miscellaneous 152

1) I am willing to concede that, from 2010 to 2012, the Republicans in Congress were probably more recalcitrant and arrogant than Obama was (Trent Lott in the Senate and the tea party caucus in the House, especially). But ever since the election (granted, it's only been a month or so), I'm not entirely certain anymore. This combination of Obama's nonproposal proposal and an almost Captain Ahab caliber preoccupation with raising the top two rates is starting to look a little bit more like spiking the football (than leadership) to me. That, and maybe the dude is starting to show his truer colors, too.............2) Pol Pot's solution to income inequality was basically to kill off anybody who had a profession or a degree and divvy it up later (with him taking the largest slice obviously). Hopefully the situation in this country will never get that damned desperate.............3) It appears that Obama's plan DOES include a continuation of the payroll tax holiday and, so, no, that 115 billion cannot be a part of the 160 billion in increased revenue. Damn! I so wanted to give the fellow some props.

12 comments:

dmarks said...

Looking from the center, it's rather moderate.

dmarks said...

And WD is back, peddling the same tired tropes.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

He must have thought that I was kidding about me not wanting him here. Either that or he's lonely.

dmarks said...

It's WD alright. Same style in everything, including a post in his blog defending Toure's racist treatment of Herman Cain.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

And he sure as hell doesn't seem pleased that I voted for Johnson.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I already made this correction on Facebook but I need to make it here, too. I said Trent Lott and I meant to say Mitch McConnell. I typed it late last night and for some reason (probably 'cause I saw him on Anderson Cooper earlier) I must have had Trent Lott on my mind. I apologize to Mr. Lott and especially so because he's been pretty reasonable since leaving office.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Happy, Mr. Moocher?

dmarks said...

Rumblings from Mom's crawlspace....

dmarks said...

And he hid it less well than he thought: the Perquinn blog has a link to "my other blog", pointing to WD.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Yeah, if you're going to do the sock-puppet thing, it's probably best to think it through a little bit first.

dmarks said...

And he could have come back with something intelligent. Like a long insightful comment (for once?) Instead, it was one of his tired few talking points that you are somehow really a conservative and not a moderate. Despite all evidence to the contrary.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

To be fair, I probably bring some of that on myself. I mean, what do they say, if you don't adequately characterize yourself (everybody has to pick a side apparently), somebody else who's less favorable to you will probably step in and do it for you?