Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Interchangeable Stick-Figure Heads

Melissa Harris Perry is this ultra-orthodox ivory-tower egghead that MSNBC always like to trot out and impress us with (or not). They even had her subbing for Rachel Maddow the other week (Rachel Maddow's back-up - yeah, that's a job to aspire to) and, yeah, talk about a person giving it their doctrinaire best..................................................................................................One of the big "lectures" was on infrastructure, and how we, as a country, haven't been paying enough attention to it....I mean, talk about vintage, huh? And when I say that it was damned pitch-perfect (and, yes, I'm talking in terms of a subliminal dog-whistle here), I mean it. IT WAS DAMNED PITCH-PERFECT!!!!! This, folks, in that every single t was crossed and every single i was dotted. In fact, Rachel Maddow herself couldn't have done any better..............................................................................................Of course, it was all that I could do not to scream my lungs out at the television, "What about that $862,000,000,000 frigging stimulus package!!!!!? Why didn't THAT have more in terms of infrastructure? Hello!!!!!"...I mean, seriously here, how many bites at the apple do these progressives want?

2 comments:

Dervish Sanders said...

I could have swore that the stimulus was actually only 552 billion, and of that only 27 billion was for highway and bridge construction and repair.

As I recall the Republicans demanded that a lareg portion of the stimulus be tax cuts... but I must be wrong.

My guess as to why the stimulus didn't include more infrastructure spending? Not enough money left after the payouts to groups like ACORN...

Anyway, I think you're right. Those stupid progressives ARE responsible for this! I mean, it WAS the progressive caucus that had complete control over what went into the stimulus package, was it not?

I didn't think they did, but clearly I was wrong. So, thanks for setting me straight, Will.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

The Democrats got played. They put a truckload of tax cuts in it and the Republicans still wouldn't vote for it.