Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter-League Diplomacy

To all of those who say that the Obama administration was acting out of principle when it decided to boycott Fox News, let me tell you something here. If at some point in the not too distant future, this same Obama administration decides that it's to their BENEFIT (politically, I'm saying) to go ON Fox, they will do it in a heartbeat. This decision, folks, had NOTHING to do with principles. It was a) a political decision (probably something to do with the left's base, who knows) and b) retaliatory (this, for all of the nasty crap that Hannity, etc. say about them). They were, as former President Nixon (ironically, huh?) used to describe such actions, punching down.....................................................................................Now, please, don't get me wrong here. The Fox News Network IS biased. Some of it is very biased. But, I don't know, folks, for the President of the United States to get into pissing contest with them, it just doesn't look good. I mean, come on (Mr. President), do the frigging Chris Wallace show, the lady with the funny mouth at 10 (Eastern Time). How is THAT going to cripple you? It might even make you look Presidential, for Christ. And, besides, it might even be good practice for when you have to talk to the real enemy (you know, guys like Mitch McConnell - I'm kidding!!).

2 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

I agree, this sniping looks petty and only plays in Fox Noise's hands. I did hear on the Joe Scarborough show a few days ago Joe admitted the Bush Administration boycotted MSNBC, only quietly.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Yeah double b, I guess if you're going to do it, do it without the fanfare. At least then it looks less unseemly.