Saturday, October 22, 2011

Here, Kitty Kitty

Here's something that maybe we can ALL agree upon; a Federal ban on the private ownership (and, no, I'm not including zoos here) of all exotic, dangerous, and wild animals (big cats, bears, larger primates, etc.). I mean, seriously, how many more of these horror stories like we just had in Ohio do we need (not to mention, women having their faces ripped to shreds by chimpanzees)? And the fact that it's flat-out cruel to the animals, too (the miserable lives that they lead, the violent fate that they often meet, etc.). Enough is enough is my opinion here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed.

I'm not an animal right's activist, but I do not understand zoos and the like. I mean, in today's modern world, can't people just view a YouTube video on wild animals instead of having them locked away in cages for their amusement?

If little Johnny wants to learn about polar bears, tell him to Google it. It serves no purpose to have captive polar bears up close and personal. It isn't like little Johnny can pet them, anyways.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

At least have the owners take a competency test, for Christ. LOL

Commander Zaius said...

You've heard me enough about the pythons and other invasive species down in Florida that will crawl and walk their way northward to know I feel the same way.

Although given what I know about gold courses and how they have ruined thousands of acres of marsh land a golfer or two being dinner for an aggressive rock python or lonesome Burmese python would be funny.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Great point, double b. We ruin the coast line, build on it, and then wonder why the hurricanes are so devastating. I'm beginning to think that this country collectively has shit for brains.

Anonymous said...

BB,

"Although given what I know about golf courses and how they have ruined thousands of acres of marsh land a golfer or two being dinner for an aggressive rock python or lonesome Burmese python would be funny."

Now that IS funny! Of course, since I don't play golf, I am biased...now if you said it about, say, bowling, I wouldn't be laughing. :)