Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miscellaneous 35

1) Yes, folks, I voted for Mr. Obama. But I voted for him, not because I thought that he was the "next Lincoln"....or the "next JFK"....or the "next FDR"....or the "next Ike"....or the "next Truman". I voted for him largely because his opponent, Mr. McCain, was talking like a crazy-man (sing-songing about devastating aerial attacks, engaging in a litany of bizarre 180s, etc.) . I, in other words, was voting for the lesser of the inadequate choices. Never once, folks, did ever buy into this whole "he's a new brand of politician" nonsense. Just for the God-damned record, I'm saying.............2) I have to admit it here, I've never really cared that much for Barbara Boxer. But when that individual went out of her way to get the General to address her as "Senator", man oh man, I'd probably have to say that it was THAT that really put me over the edge. I mean, talk about some severe pomposity!....And, yeah, I'll flat-out say it here, ignorance, too. Ma'am and Sir. That is HOW the military is directed to talk to civilians. It's like, what, she didn't frigging know that?....I actually kind of hope that Fiorina beats her. If nothing else, she's easier on the eyes.............3) Tony Perkins (he of the Family Research Council) went on National television last week ("Parker-Spitzer, I believe) and proclaimed that getting rid of "don't ask, don't tell" would allow for "open homosexuality in the military." He told a bald-faced lie, in other words. Getting rid of "don't ask, don't tell" would do literally NOTHING to the current code of conduct in the military. It would still be against protocol to fraternize. This Perkins dude is either an idiot or he's trying to gin-up fear. Either way, he was clearly being a dick.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew someone would finally find the words to describe my hindsight... ta Will.
I liked your post.

Commander Zaius said...

I liked/like Obama but all the comparisons to Lincoln about made me puke. I heard the book "Team of Rivals mentioned so many times Doris Goodwin should be a billioniare.

Actually old Senator Ernest Hollings toured a brigade headquaters I was manning a radio at once while in the National Guard in the early 90's and we were instructed to call him "Senator" not sir. Saw the video of the general and Boxer and the general was just being respectful but given how the elected types cling to their power Boxer was being a bitch but she may have been in her rights.

Rusty Shackleford said...

The saving grace is folks that a week from right now,if todays polls hold true the following will happen.

Nancy Pelosi will be moving out of the speakers office.

Harry Reid will be thinking about tending his garden in Searchlight.

Toomey will be sitting in Arlen Specter's seat.

A republican will be in Obies senate seat.

Marco Rubio will help Charlie Crist load up the truck.

As the old cowboy used to say....it will be morning in america.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Thanks Gwen. Stop by any time.......I stand corrected, double b. And yet, it still kind of bugs me. She was the ONLY Senator, man or woman, form either party who acted like a baby on this.......Russ, as long as these newcomers don't ring up those Reaganesque caliber deficits, we probably will be O.K..

Rusty Shackleford said...

Will,no one could top the 5 trillion in debt thats been added since 2007.Now who has been in control of the house and senate since then? Oh yea....I think it may have been the dems.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

A pox on both their houses, Russ. Have I not been saying that for months now?