Monday, August 6, 2007

Point, Hypersensitive Counterpoint

Alright, so they're saying, what, that those billions we're spending in Iraq, refereeing a civil war over there, could in fact have been used to strengthen our infrastructure here, instead? That's the unfair argument you're referring to , Bill? I mean, don't get me wrong. It's not necessarily (being that I myself an NOT a knee-jerk reactionary type of guy) the first thing that would have come out of my mouth, either, in that, yes, a lot of people at a lot of different levels of government should no doubt share the blame here (i.e., the bridge collapsing). But it is, I'm saying, a legitimate point that SHOULDN'T be dismissed so purely on partisan grounds. I mean, it's certainly not any more preposterous than YOU blaming the New York Times, you know, FOR EVERYTHING!!!!! Just as an example, I'm saying.

No comments: