Sunday, August 16, 2026

On the Fact that There Are Currently 9 States with No Restrictions On Abortion and 13 Where Abortion Is Banned Completely

  So then there exist 28 states where abortion is legal but where there are also some restrictions placed upon it. I call these the reasonable places (a least on the subject of  abortion). They're giving women the option to end their pregnancy but they also recognize the barbarism of late term abortion. So a compromise of some sort, I suppose.
   There's also a wide spectrum of gestational limits among the states. Some states are possibly too restrictive. Georgia, Florida, Iowa, and South Carolina for example only give the pregnant woman 6 weeks to decide while others define the limit more expansively and define it as either, "viability", or a specific time frame such as 12, 15, 18, 22, or 24 months. I get it that a lot of people wanted a national approach which would have essentially been abortion on demand coast to coast but due to Constitutional impediments and the fact that certain sections of the country just don't want abortion, sending it back to the states is probably the most workable approach.
   P.S. I should also state that the pro-life side would prefer a national approach, too, and have abortion procedures outlawed all throughout the country but since that would be an even bigger pipedream than what the pro-choice people want, I opted not to emphasize it earlier.
   

No comments: