Saturday, November 10, 2012

On Obama and the Auto Bailout

I sincerely hope that it works. I'm an American before I am a critic of the President and when he does well, we all do well. That being said, I would in fact caution the fellow that maybe he needs to cease and desist with these victory dances. I just got done reading an article by Louis Woodhill from "Forbes" and he seems to think that there's a better than 50-50 chance that G.M. and maybe Chrysler will be coming to the federal government for additional money in President Obama's second term (or Mr. Romney's first term - he wrote the article prior to the election).....and the President will have to come to the American public yet again.......

6 comments:

dmarks said...

Chrysler seems to be doing great now.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

That's good to hear. Like I said, I'd prefer that it worked.

Les Carpenter said...

I think we all would at this point Will.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I have to make a correction here, gents. I went back to the Woodhill article and Chrysler in fact was NOT mentioned. I apologize for the misplaced inference that I made.

dmarks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dmarks said...

Will: It is probably all GM. The re-arrangment when Obama took over had some problems because it gave more power to the people who caused GM to go bankrupt in the first place: the unions that insisted on having unqualified people make management decisions, and also insisted on paying drunkards who did shoddy work making way below average automobiles $65+ an hour. And then the government demanded that GM build cars that the public does not need, such as the Chevy Volt.