Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Goliath's Ankles

What I know about basketball, the Xs and Os of it, you could easily fit on the head of a pin. In fact, folks, if I were the coach of a team, any wins that that team accrued would clearly be IN SPITE of me. But I'm also telling you here, even I, this fellow, is smart enough not to put a big guy on a point guard at the top of the key..........................................................................................................I mean, seriously, have you seen some of those mismatches this season? Earlier this year, I saw the 7-foot Laker, Pau Gasol, trying to guard Steve Nash. It was pathetic. Frigging Nash, even at this advanced stage of his career, practically broke the big Spaniard's ankles, for Christ. And I saw something very similar last night with Chris Paul. He made another big guy look absolutely foolish out there. And you know what else, folks - this frigging guy was a Laker, too. It's like, what, Coach Phil Jackson like to make his bigs look like lumbering fools every once in a while?...................................................................................................P.S. Yeah, yeah, I know, the fellow's won 11 championships but, PLEASE - Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Gasol, etc.. My God, even I could have gotten a couple with those guns.

No comments: