Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Miscellaneous 25

1) Say what you want about Jimmy Carter; that the fellow was a less than stellar President, that he's clearly been more than a little meddlesome when it comes to foreign policy (during his post-Presidential years, I'm saying), etc.. But, I'm also telling you here, you do in fact have to give him SOME credit. One, he speaks his mind - no BS. And, two, he actually does put forth some wisdom occasionally. For instance, last night, on Larry King, Mr. Carter made this rather astute observation, "I think that the Newt Gingrich of five years ago would be appalled at what the Newt Gingrich of today is saying." I mean, sure, maybe he's giving the Newt Gingrich of five years ago a little too much credit. But, still, I liked the comment and, yeah, I basically agreed with it.......2) I'm wondering, folks. What if they could prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this Christine O'Donnell chick DID use campaign contributions to pay her for her rent, etc.. Would Mr. Hannity AT THAT POINT admit that maybe, just maybe, this wasn't the greatest of selections? I don't know, I'm not entirely convinced that he would.......3) My feelings toward dancer, singer, and actress, Ann Miller, have always been pretty straight forward. Basically, folks, I've always thought that she was majorly hot during her pre-helmet-hair era but, yes, considerably less than stellar with the helmet-hair (age probably being a factor here, as well). But, I gotta tell you here. I just might be in the process of altering this opinion. I've been checking out a few of her videos from the mid-60s (well into the helmet-hair era and she, well into her 40s) and, I gotta be honest with you, I was frigging gassed by them. Yes, she had the helmet-hair but, BOOM, so, too, did she still have the baby-doll face, the effervescence, the nearly flawless figure (35B-25-36, 5' 7" 125-130), etc.. I'm pretty sure that I still would have married her. And, besides, the helmet-hair was just for her performances. I'm pretty sure that I could have gotten her to wash out the hairspray at night - you know, right before our beddy-by and shit.

No comments: