Friday, July 24, 2009

Name, Rank, and Talking Points Memo

Ralph Peters (Colonel Ralph Peters) is rapidly becoming one of Fox News's most paradoxical figures/analysts. I say this, folks, in that, yes, there have in fact been occasions of lucidity from this fellow. During the more trying times of the Iraq War, for instance, Peters was one of the first military analysts to call for the dismissal of Donald Rumsfeld. And he did it, me-buckos, right there on the O'Reilly Factor (this, at a time when O'Reilly was supporting Rumsfeld)! That, in particular, I thought was impressive...........................................................................But lately, folks, I've been noticing less and less this sense of independence from him. IN FACT, one could even go as far as to say that the good colonel is starting to blend in nicely over there. I mean, seriously, I even saw Peters take part in one of those Bush resurrection sessions..................................................................................But it wasn't only that, me-buckos. This frigging guy was absolutely blatant about it. Get this. Peters actually had the audacity to say that history will ultimately judge George W. Bush to be a better president than JFK. Yeah, that's right, folks. That's exactly what he said. George W. Bush was a better president than John F.Kennedy. I shit you not. Talk about going off the partisan deep-end, huh?

No comments: