Monday, July 14, 2008

Political Dung-Heap

I don't know, folks, four years ago (Obama fresh off that blistering speech at the convention, McCain still considered somewhat of a maverick Republican), it looked like an Obama-McCain match-up would in fact give us two decent choices. What a difference four years makes, huh? I mean, seriously, you've got two guys (both good men, from what I can gather) here who've been changing their tunes to the tune of tune-changing now becoming an art. McCain, for example, he's a frigging supply-sider now! It's like, when was that ever the case before? And Obama, damned if he hasn't apparently found a new soul-mate in Antonin Scalia (recently siding with the judge on death-penalty and gun-control cases). What's next for Obama, a sold-out speech in front of the N.R.A.? Give me a break!........................................What about voting for one of the third-party candidates? Well, let's just say that I'm not exactly thrilled with them, either. You've got the totally eccentric Bob Barr running as a Libertarian, the equally eccentric and borderline delusional Ralph Nader (yes, he did some good....40 years ago!!) running, well, because he feels like it, and, yes, my personal favorite, folks, Cynthia McKinney. You remember her, right, the lady who attacked a Capitol police officer. Yep, believe it or not, she's running, too. And we're trying to institute a democracy in Iraq!!? Un-be-frigging-lievable!!........................................P.S. Just for the record, I'll probably be voting for Obama (this, though, I probably trust Barr more on the Iraq issue). I'll be easy to find if you're looking for me. I'm the dude with the clothes-pin on his nose.

No comments: