Monday, July 7, 2008

Humiliation Libre

I saw a promotion the other night for this reality show called "Celebrity Rehab". I shit you not. Granted, these weren't exactly celebrity celebrities - people that the public actually gives a damn about anymore - but, still, it was enough for me to put forth a chuckle or two as I observed it. Of course, it also prompted me to rhetorically ask this question: has there now become no level/low to which a person won't go in order to pimp him/herself? And, yes, folks, I say rhetorically in that damned if it wasn't right there in front of me, boom - a hell of a big fat answer, NO!!.......................................P.S. Needless to say, one of the participants on this show is the utterly hapless Jeff Conaway ("Taxi" and "Grease", his two most memorable projects). I mean, talk about a fellow who actually does need some help. But real help, folks, not a scenario in which he's being taken advantage of by cable producers and ridiculed in virtually every home in which the show is being watched. This guy I genuinely DO feel sorry for, folks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, it also prompted me to rhetorically ask this question: has there now become no level/low to which a person won't go in order to pimp him/herself?

You have this waste of band width don't ya?

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Colonel Klink?

IrOnY RaGeD said...

Hey Will,

Check out LC's. Bartlebee's back and their arguing. They've found out he's ignorant, and he's discovered they're an echo chamber...

Funny stuff!

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I didn't think that you far-left guys believed in "guilt by association". I mean, you sure didn't like it when it was Wright/Obama/Ayers/Flager/Farrakhan/etc.. And you shouldn't have liked it. It wasn't fair, just like this isn't fair. Find some humanity, won't ya'?

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Bartlebee's on the outs? You're shitting me!!