Monday, January 18, 2010

Miscellaneous 2

1) "YOU WERE ELECTED TO SERVE THE PEOPLE.".....Keith Olbermann.....loosely translated, "You were elected to do whatever it is that I, Keith Olbermann, think you should be doing." 2) The latest football standout to verbally commit to Duke is a definite dandy. His name is Alex Hill, from Slidell Louisiana. According to Rivals, he's the 26th best player from Louisiana and, yes, better still, the 15th best center in the entire country. I would say that this is a very solid "get" for Cutcliffe. 3) I know that I've been very critical of Obama at times. But, yes, in terms of his response to this Haiti disaster, he's been exceptional. His leadership, in particular, has been strong, quick, and decisive. Hell, I'm actually kind of proud of him. I certainly don't concur with guys like Limbaugh (who I'm still convinced could put on a good show if he wanted to), etc., who've interjected politics and cynicism (yes, I know, they're probably the same) full-throttle into it. It's just not the frigging time for it, period.

4 comments:

Kentucky Rain said...

I am proud of the president, then again I have been since day one, even though I don't agree with everything he does, but that should be expected.

thereturnofRusty said...

What pray tell is Mike proud of?

The record debt?

10% plus unemployment?

30,000 more troops?

The two successful Copenhagen vists?

The Louisana Purchase?

The transparency of healthcare
reform?

Tax free "Cadillac" health plans?


I'll guess his answer.....its all Bush's fault.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

You're right, Rusty, there have been some missteps. And the President has done some things to which I disagree with, too. But I still think that he's a hard-working, well-intentioned man whose doing his best. I can only hope that 1) the economy improves and 2) the President learns from his experience and grows more into the job.

Teeluck said...

Rusty, you sound like you have better ideas about how to run this country with the plethora of problems Obama inherited. I used to say that anyone who wants to be President after Bush, was an idiot. I said that Kerry willingly lost because he came to his senses and saw how difficult the job would be. I still think you have to be crazy to take the job. I do not have the balls, love or conviction to do it. I would rather run away. If you think the job is easy then you are blind. That job, after Bush, is the worst thing I can imagine. Hat's off to Obama, he is a better man than me. At least I am not going to bad mouth the man who is trying to give my children a future. I'm old, I'll die soon, but he is giving my kids what I can't, and for that I respect him...more than Bush and the Republicans... who took it all away. I don't hate Republicans, I never met one...I just hate that they took away our future. Why should we re-elect them again, so they can do it to my kids one more time? I'm not that stupid.